Florida State breaks record for most consecutive overtime wins
Florida State defeated Duke 79-78 in overtime on Tuesday night in a historic victory.
The win was FSU’s 13th straight triumph in overtime, a streak that dates all the way back to 2018. It’s the longest such streak in the history of division 1 men’s college basketball.
Florida State has now won THIRTEEN consecutive overtime games, an all-time record in Division I men's basketball. The streak started January 13, 2018. The Seminoles shared the record with five other schools coming into the year, but are 2-0 in OT games this year.
— David Worlock (@DavidWorlock) January 19, 2022
Here’s a list of all of Florida State’s victories over that span:
- Jan. 18, 2022: Florida State def. Duke, 79-78
- Nov. 24, 2021: Florida State def. Boston University, 81-80
- Feb. 13, 2021: Florida State def. Wake Forest, 92-85
- Dec. 9, 2020: Florida State def. Indiana, 69-67
- Jan. 18, 2020: Florida State def. Miami, 83-79
- Nov. 30, 2019: Florida State def. Purdue, 63-60
- March 19, 2019: Florida State def. Virginia Tech, 65-63
- March 5, 2019: Florida State def. Virginia Tech, 73-64
- Feb. 9, 2019: Florida State def. Louisville, 80-75
- Nov. 23, 2018: Florida State def. LSU, 79-76
- Feb. 14, 2018: Florida State def. Clemson, 81-79
- Jan. 27, 2018: Florida State def. Miami, 103-94
- Jan. 13, 2018: Florida State def. Syracuse, 101-90
Florida State’s last overtime loss came vs. Iowa on Dec. 2, 2015. Malik Beasley led Florida State with 20 points on 8-of-17 shooting in that game.
In addition to being a record-setting win, Florida State is now alone in second place in the ACC standings. The Seminoles will play for first place in the conference on Saturday against Miami.