ESPN’s FPI has chosen the winner of N.C. State’s ACC opener. The Wolfpack will be facing Virginia in Week 4.

N.C. State beat VMI 45-7 in its last game. Brennan Armstrong finished the game with 264 yards passing and 1 touchdown. N.C. State held VMI scoreless until the second half and responded well after losing to Notre Dame in the previous game.

The Fighting Irish handled the Wolfpack in Raleigh 45-24.

The Wolfpack have a two-game winning streak against the Cavaliers. The last time these two faced each other was in 2020 and the Wolfpack won 38-21.

Virginia is not off to the best start after three games under Tony Elliott. The Cavaliers are 0-3 heading into Week 4 after losing to Maryland 42-14.

Anthony Colandrea started against the Terps instead of Tony Muskett. Colandrea kept things close up until the fourth quarter. Maryland went on to score three-straight touchdowns to pull away.

The FPI believes that N.C. State will increase its winning streak to three games against Virginia. It gives Dave Doeren a 77.3% chance of victory. The Cavaliers have a 22.7% chance to upset N.C. State.

N.C. State heads to Scott Stadium to try and improve to 3-1. The game will be played on Friday.

Kickoff will be at 7:30 p.m. ET on ESPN.