ESPN's FPI predicts every remaining game on Notre Dame's schedule
Despite a slow start, Notre Dame seems to be back on track in 2022.
Notre Dame’s offense rebounded in a big way against North Carolina this week, putting up 45 points on the Tar Heels in Chapel Hill. Notre Dame’s defense was also effective in that game as it limited UNC to just 20 points through 3 quarters.
The Fighting Irish have this week off before resuming its difficult regular season slate. They will be in action again in Las Vegas against BYU on Oct. 8.
Here’s how ESPN’s Football Power Index is projecting Notre Dame to finish the rest of the year. Also included are FPI’s projections from before the season began:
- Oct. 8: vs. BYU — 64.9% (preseason: 81.6%)
- Oct. 15: vs. Stanford — 88.5% (preseason: 92.8%)
- Oct. 22: vs. UNLV — 93.1% (preseason: 98.3%)
- Oct. 29: at Syracuse — 58.5% (preseason: 83.4%)
- Nov. 5: vs. Clemson — 36.4% (preseason: 40%)
- Nov. 12: vs. Navy — 95.2% (preseason: 95.7%)
- Nov. 19: vs. Boston College — 93.7% (preseason: 91.5%)
- Nov. 26: at USC — 27.2% (preseason: 66.4%)
Predictably, Notre Dame’s percentage-chance to win has gone down in almost every game. However, only the USC and Syracuse games have been significantly impacted by the start of the season.
Notre Dame is favored to win 6 of its 8 remaining contests, with the lone exceptions being vs. Clemson and at USC. Syracuse is also a relative toss-up, with FPI giving Notre Dame a 58.5% chance to win on the road.