Notre Dame reportedly reached out to USC transfer quarterback Kedon Slovis
Notre Dame is apparently interested in adding a quarterback through the transfer portal this offseason.
According to USC transfer quarterback Kedon Slovis, the Fighting Irish were the first team to reach out to him after he entered the portal. Slovis made that comment on the latest episode of Trojan Talk.
Former USC quarterback Kedon Slovis said Notre Dame was one of the first schools to reach out (if not the first) when he entered his name into the Transfer Portal last week. Slovis said this during an appearance on the Trojan Talk podcast.
— Pete Sampson (@PeteSampson_) December 20, 2021
With Jack Coan set to depart the program this offseason, it would make sense if Notre Dame was interested in pursuing other options. However, quarterback Tyler Buchner is expected back for his sophomore season in 2022.
Buchner appeared in 10 games as a freshman to mostly mixed results. He completed over 58 percent of his passes for 298 yards, 3 touchdowns and 3 interceptions. He also rushed for 336 yards and 3 more touchdowns on the ground.
Meanwhile, Slovis enters the portal as one of the top quarterbacks on the market this offseason. He lost his starting job at USC due to injury this season, but has been effective throughout his college career when healthy. He has a career completion percentage of 68.4 percent and threw for 58 touchdowns across three seasons.
Slovis is reportedly also considering programs like Pitt, Arizona and Nebraska. There is no timetable for his decision.